- Group Links Nail Polish to Birth Defects - at CNN.com
- Nail Polish Chemicals: Being Aware of Health Risks - at GoGreenStreet.com
- Nail Polish Chemicals Cause Cancer - at NaturalNews.com
- Nail Polish Poisoning - at MedlinePlus.com discusses the signs and symptoms of "nail polish poisoning", which interestingly enough can be from swallowing or inhaling nail polish. The specific poisonous ingredients in nail polish are listed.
- Nail Polish Eczema - at SouthernMedicalJournal
- Brain Damage from Modern Chemicals - at ChemTox.com. This article gives examples from various studies done at respectable universities. An excerpt from this site:
"According to the Congressional Office of Technology Assessment’s recent report on neurotoxicity, among the known or suspected causes of brain-related disorders are exposure to chemicals including pesticides, therapeutic drugs, food additives, foods, cosmetic ingredients and naturally occurring substances" (this was from a summary report from the National Center for Toxicological Research)
I stumbled across Priti NYC, which seems to have one of the widest selections of organic nail polish out there. While it may be pricier than your average polish, there seems to be quite a few colors on sale. The sale items are a few dollars off, which knocks the price down to what you would pay for your average bottle of nail polish. Seems worth it to me!